SEPTEMBER 23, 2018 1,000 YEARS OF HEAVEN ON EARTH Revelation 20:1-10
Revelation 20: And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time. 4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years
When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8
and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9
They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But, fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10
And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
tells us that during the Millennium…JESUS WILL REIGN!
- The first time Jesus came as a Sacrificial Lamb. NOW, the Lord Jesus Christ will sit on the throne of David. He will rule the world in power, righteousness and glory. His reign will usher in a peace and prosperity that the world has Never experienced.
Most human rulers are controlled by their lusts for power, wealth and self-glory. But Jesus, will reign in perfect righteousness. The millennium will be a time of perfect existence.
The Bible tells us that Jesus will "rule the world with a rod of iron".
Like a shepherd, Jesus will guide the entire population of the world. However, those who refuse to bow to His authority will be dealt with swiftly and harshly…Rebellion will not be tolerated during the Millennium.
Unlike when Christ Came to Earth and Endured the Cross…Giving ALL…He Will Be Receiving…He will Receive the Glory He has Always Deserved.
Also, during the1,000-year reign of Christ on earth, Every Christian Raptured will be Reigning with Christ during the Millennium!
- All people from every nation will bow at His feet and worship the King of Glory!
- 40:5, "And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it."
- Every person who received Jesus between the Day of Pentecost and the Rapture of the church will reign with Jesus in His Millennial kingdom. We will have already been through the Judgment Seat of Christ and we will have enjoyed the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.
- We will have been with Jesus when He took control of the world away from the devil and his armies…We will have shared in it all and we will share in His glory!
- We will reign with Him, in our glorified bodies, free from sin, death and disease.
At the beginning of the Millennium, all the Old Testament saints and all those who died with faith in Jesus during the Tribulation will be raised from the dead.
The last part of this verse makes it clear that there will be a number of people who refused the Mark of the Beast and will come to the end of the Tribulation Period with their faith in Jesus.
Jesus will honor the faith of those who trusted in Him and He will receive them into His kingdom.
- Those who lived to the end of the Tribulation and did not place their faith in Christ will be destroyed and will go to Hell! Everyone’s Faith Determines Their Future!
This 1000-year reign of Christ, The Millennium, offers people who have not known Christ or His true expectations an opportunity to respond to Him. It is important to note that this is not a second chance. It will be the first and only chance for these people.
The Bible says everyone will have an opportunity to come to God (2 Pet 3:9). For those called today, the first-fruits, the opportunity (judgment) is now (1 Peter 4:17). Others will have this opportunity during the Millennium.
As for those who are alive at the start of the Millennium, these people are ones who will have lived through the cataclysmic events of the return of Jesus Christ—called the “day of the Lord” in the Bible. Their physical lives will continue as the Kingdom of God is established here on earth (Revelation 5:10).
- The Bible doesn’t specify what the life span will be during the Millennium. However, Isaiah 65: 20 says a child will die at 100 years of age.
During the Millennium, Satan will be bound (Revelation 20:1-2) and the first-fruit’s, God’s people who will have been changed into spirit at Christ’s return (1 Cor. 15:52), will be actively teaching people God’s ways.
Isaiah 30:20-21 says: “And though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your teachers will not be moved into a corner anymore, but your eyes shall see your teachers. Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it,’ whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.”
- Satan’s constant influence to cause people to sin, which is part of this present evil world, will be replaced by spirit beings who will help guide people into godly paths.
I’ve been speaking of a future time when Jesus will reign as King upon this earth. That will be a special time and blessed time. However, We are Not to Wait until the Millennium for Jesus to be King of our Lives.
Doug’s Story: It was early in 1973…that I Decided to make Christ the LORD of my life. Since I received Christ as Savior in September of 1969 I struggled…I wanted Christ as My Savior…But I didn’t want to give up a lot of things that didn’t please God. One night as I started to read a book called the Calvary Road, God the Holy Spirit Convicted Me about My Unwillingness to Give Him My ALL. That night, God let me see my life the way He saw it…It wasn’t Pretty! I chose to Surrender…And My Life Began to Change.
- For each of US…Jesus wants to be MORE than Savior…He Wants to Be LORD!
- The Most Important Question for each of us to answer…Is Christ really the ruler of My Heart?
That’s what God wants for each of us…To Surrender ALL!
- I want each of You to consider what God May Be Asking You to Surrender to HIM this morning.
- What May be Keeping You from Experiencing GOD in Every Part of Your Life!
Jesus says in Luke 6:46, “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?”
- Life proceeds from the heart. Christ is the life, the light of men. We are true Christians when He becomes the absolute ruler on our heart’s throne.
Christ is a strict Lord, but He thinks only of Your best! But He Cannot Give Us His Best Until We Choose to Receive it!
To Receive Gods Best…We Must be Willing to Let Go of Anything that Does Not Fit into His Plan for Our Lives…May We ALL be Willing to Let Go and Let GOD!