JULY 28: Are You Rapture Ready?
God’s Word teaches that all of Us Who have Accepted Jesus are to Plan and Prepare for a “Trip.”
God’s Promise: John 14:1-3 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
We’ll Meet Christ in the Air: 1 Thess 4:13-18: “Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.”
Eternity Begins: 1 Cor. 15:51-54: We will not all sleep *** But we will all be changed 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
- Ways to be Rapture-Ready.
First, Aim at Walking After Christ Jesus Perfectly: Peter 2:21 “To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.” If we do not aim at walking perfectly after the LORD Jesus, it is assured that we will miss the mark of the “high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Phil 3:14).
- Matthew 5:48 says, “Be Perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is Perfect”. God’s Standard is Nothing less than Perfection of…Our “Hearts Intent”…God Looks at the Hearts of Those who are IMPERFECT…US!!
- When we Come Humbly to Him and Confess Our Sin, Failure, Wrong Attitude, etc. God Sees a Heart that is, Contrite and Broken to His Will.
We See This with David Psalm 51:16-17 “You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. 17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.
- 1 Peter 1:15-16 “But as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
In 2 Cor 5:21 the Apostle Paul says that None of us are perfect or holy but we are perfectly forgiven and made the very righteousness of Christ. But here Peter talks about our conduct and that it should be holy.
- Our lives should reflect the holiness of God for we are His children and children are supposed to be like and supposed to imitate their parents.
KEY: We will never be completely holy in this life but we should “Strive to live Holy Lives”.
Second, Walk with the Holy Spirit as Your Guide.
- Romans 8:14: “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God”.
- Psalm 143:10 “Teach me to do Thy Will; for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is Good; lead me into the Land of Uprightness”.
We must remember that the greatest gift that God has given to us is His Son, who in turn has given us the gift of “Eternal Life” (Romans 6:23) and the “Gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38).
- Ezekiel 36:27:“And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My Statutes, and ye shall keep My Judgments, and do them”. The main reason for the Spirit’s ministry to us is to secure from us a heart of perpetual, loving obedience of the Lord’s commandments.
- Sin Grieves and Quenches the Holy Spirit’s Work in Our Lives…When we Ignore His Promptings in our hearts, When we Choose to Sin and Disobey God, etc.
Third, Confess Your Sins to the LORD as Soon/Often as it is Necessary to keep a “Conscience Void of Offence Toward God, and Toward Men” (Acts 24:16). 1 John 1:9 Says: “If we confess our sins, He is Faithful and Just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”
God’s Faithfulness is Demonstrated Every Time Our Backslidden Actions Have Been Forgiven!
We should Never presume to commit sin with the confidence that we will be forgiven, Romans 6:2 “God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?”
- Hebrews 10:26 Tells us,“If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left”. Verse 27 continues, “but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.”
Fourth, Commune with the LORD through His Word and Prayer, Continually.
Psalm 139: 7-10 “ Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”
Our ability to think God’s Thoughts after Him is directly related to our pursuit of Time in His Living Word.
- Joshua 1:8 “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful“.
- Matt 4:4: We must sense our need of living “by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God”
- It should rejoice our heart that the Father invites us to continually pray to Him.”Pray without ceasing” (1Thessalonians 5:17).
- Attempt to pray about everything, for He is actually listening.Phil 4: 6-7: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Finally…Patiently Occupy for the LORD Jesus Christ until His Soon Returns for Us.
“Occupy for the Lord…Staying Faithful in the Lords Work! When we set a goal in our lives, we normally have some termination point. When the Bible commands us to continue it does not give us a known termination point.
- We are to be faithful until the Lord’s return. Since we do not have advance notice of the rapture Mark 13:32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”
Bible: The Apostles like Paul Occupied…Joseph Occupied…Read Hebrews 11 Hall of Faith…Daily You and I Make the Decision to OCCUPY UNTIL the LORD TAKES US HOME.
- Be a 1 Cor 15:58 Christians “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
POINT: I WILL OCCUPY BY FAITH UNTIL I SEE CHRIST FACE TO FACE!