December 22 2019 The Gift Revealed!
What does the story of the Birth of Christ “Reveal” to you this morning? Do you see it as a wonderful story about baby Jesus being born? Do you just consider it a factual Truth? Or…Do You See Something More?
God had a lot to say to mankind from the manger. This morning, He wants us to take a Closer Look at the manger, because what God “Reveals” from the Manger is what brings us to my Point for today…
POINT: I will take the Light into My World!
Luke 2:10-17 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” 15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.” 16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
When we look closely at the manger we will find exactly what the Shepherds saw on that first Christmas morn…Three wonderful truths are found in the manger…We find Life…We find Liberty and…We find Love.
First: We find life in the Manger…In John 1: 4 it says “In Him was life” and that life was the light of men!
- The Shepherds saw GOD Made Flesh! 100% GOD and 100% Man (Emmanuelle)
KEY TRUTH: You cannot Look at God…and not be Enlightened!
When you take a close look at God…You will be transformed in mind, heart, and soul! The enlightenment we see at the manger is the Promise of Eternal Life…(Messiah) …because God put Flesh on His Promise that was given in Genesis 3…The stage had been set for God’s Promise to be Carried Out!
Jesus Christ took OFF HIS CROWN-Set it Down…and said Father Thy Will be Done! John 1:14 “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
Secondly, We find Liberty in the Manger: 1 Timothy 1:15 Paul writes, “Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.”
- Jesus came to free us from sin. He came to free us from self-absorption or obsession.
Galatians 5:1 “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery”.
The terrible Tragedy of Sin is that it is Chains of Our Own Making.
- We go to the anvil of life and use the metal of pride, selfishness, bitterness, greed, lust, hate, envy, anger, malice, and on and on we shape our own shackles we form our own fetters.
Romans 6: 22-23 “ But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
FACT: We CAN Make the Chains…BUT, of Our Own Selves, We do NOT have the Power to Break the Chains.
Romans states: Jesus Christ and His once for all sacrifice, on the Cross, Shattered the Chains of Sin. Jesus has freed us from sin as we accept Him as our master and Lord.
Sin drags us down to death and destruction…But…Jesus delivers us to life and liberty. It was for freedom “Liberty” that You Were Set FREE.
People think that if they can do whatever they want to do without restraint that they are Free…They Mistake License for Liberty! True Freedom comes Only from Receiving the Free Gift that God sent to a Manger and Finally to a Cross!
Many are confused about the Difference between these two: Liberty is defined as the freedom to do right…and License is defined as the freedom to do wrong.
In the Liberty of the Manger we see a “Dethroning of Sin and Self”! As We accept Jesus Christ as King of Kings and Lord of Lords…The Master of our Souls!!!
Lastly: We find Love in the Manger John 3.16 says, For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Truman Capote said it well, “Love Having No Geography Knows No Boundaries.”
- 1 John 4.8 tells us God is love. When we look inside the manger in the limited form of a baby we clearly see the unlimited love of God.
- The unlimited love of God wrapped up in swaddling clothes and laying in a manger.
The Late Pastor, Adrian Rogers had this to say about God’s love, “God doesn’t just love all of us he loves each of us”.
- David tells us that God knit him together in his mother’s womb.
- Psalm 139 says God counts the hairs on each person’s head.
- God’s love is not limited in scope, it cannot be dimmed by distance, it cannot be strangled by sin…But it can be Rejected by Men.
KEY TRUTH: God’s Love Can Only be Limited by Your Acceptance.
What do YOU See as You look into the manger this morning? What is God Revealing to You today? Are You just…Thankful? Or-Do You See What the Shepherds Saw, and does it cause You to do what they did?
- Look at verse 17 of our text: “When they had seen him, they spread the Word concerning what had been told them about this child!”
- When We Look into the Manger…We need to Understand that God’s Word (Jesus) was Given to Mankind…So that We Would Tell the World the Great News.
- When we do Vs 18 will be their response, “And all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said”.
POINT: I Will Take the Light to My World!