JAN 12-2020 HANDOUT: “According to your faith let it be done to you” (Matthew 9:29 NIV).
Matthew 9:29 Jesus says, “According to Your Faith let it be Done to You”.
Living by Faith, Trusting God, means “Expecting the Best”…Faith is “Positive” Expectation! You expect God to Answer. You expect His Best Solution to come through. You expect things to work out. You expect to succeed. You expect it all to fall into place. Think About it…Expectations are Faith.
Expect that God wants to accomplish His will through you. Expect Him to Provide Everything You Need Will Need to Accomplish His Plan in Your Life. Your Faith in God Determines His Working in Your Life!
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Faith knows that no matter what the situation, in our lives or someone else’s, that the Lord is working in it.
KEY: God always knows best, and there are many times we have to see by Faith and not our own eyes. Gen 15:6 says, “Abram believed the LORD, and He credited it to him as righteousness.”
KEY: Faith can Only come from a New Heart, Regenerated by God; therefore, Faith is a Gift from God.
- The more we immerse ourselves in Gods Word, the more our confidence “Faith” grows.
- Faith also helps to combat unbelief and motivates us to do what God desires us to do.
There is a Big Difference Between Faith and Belief! Faith and belief are often used in the same context, sometimes interchangeably, but they are not quite the same thing.
- Belief is a strongly held opinion about an idea or worldview. Beliefs are also opinions that you form about what you read, hear, or see. Beliefs can change over time, as you grow and learn new things.
- Faith is not something you start and build from…Faith can Only be Received! It Must be Given by God. True faith can face doubts and questions, but it remains Unchanged!
Having faith in the Bible means trusting that God’s Word is Truth.
- The faith that God began in us will grow when exposed to God’s Word.
- It’s knowing that when you read the Bible, the word of God is being imparted into you.
- The Bible says that faith is not just a feeling of closeness to God. Faith is being able to trust God for what He has promised in His Word at ALL Times.
Satan will plant doubts to Undermine real Faith in God.
- Satan told Adam and Eve that God wasn’t telling them the whole truth (Gen 3:1–4).
- 2 Peter 3:14–18 warns that Satan continues this practice yet today to undermine Our Faith and Confidence in God’s Word. So, We Must be Careful! As We Put Our Trust God We Win!
- As we trust and obey God, resisting and overcoming Satan’s efforts, Our Faith Will Grow!
The challenge for each Christian is, How do we Fortify “Grow” our Faith?
- KEY: You fortify your faith when You Saturate your Heart, Mind, and Life with God’s Word.
4 Principles to Grow Your Faith:
- Memorize God’s Word. These scriptures will surface just when you need them the most.
- Meditate on the Scriptures. When we do we grow in our faith, in our knowledge of God’s Word, and our knowledge of God Himself!
- Apply Gods Word. When You Obediently Exercise Gods Word…Your Faith Grows.
- Listen to God. When you’re in the Word, it will get in you, and you start hearing from God.
Your Faith Matters: God Needs Your Faith for Him to Move in Your life.
- Top of Form
Bottom of Form
- Many say, we’re living by faith, but we’re not getting faith results. How can that be?
- When we pray the reason for our prayers remain unchanged. How can that be?
It’s my prayer that you’ll see and understand more clearly that when we pray, we are not waiting for God to answer us. He is Waiting for Our Faith.
Faith pleases God. Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him”.
This verse makes it clear: Your Faith is the Currency that Accesses Everything Heaven has to Offer.
Let’s look at two Key Words in Verse 6.
- First is “without” meaning something lacking or absent. “Unbelief or Lack of Faith
- Second is “please”. This is best understood with the opposite of “please” – to be disobedient, to dishonor, to bring shame to, or neglect to hear. The opposites of “please” paint us a vivid picture.
From our Heavenly Father’s perspective, when we are NOT Living a Lifestyle of Faith, We are Being Disobedient. We’re Dishonoring Him. We’re bringing Shame to Him…and We’re Not Listening to Him.
Suppose we read the first part of Hebrews 11:6 this way: “A life that is lived in a way other than in true, unwavering faith, is a life that dishonors God, a life that defies (disobeys) Him and a life that belittles who He is (shames Him). And it shows we’re not listening to Him.”
This should help You see how Important Your Faith is to Your Heavenly Father?!
- You See…Many Christians hear the Bible but we Never truly Live the Bible.
KEY: When we don’t live what we hear, there will be a space of unbelief that separates us from Real Faith that Receives the “Rewards of Faith”.
My Challenge to YOU: Hebrews 1:6 says that when we come to our Father in Faith, He rewards us. He answers and Rewards Your Faith…Not Your Prayers, When You Pray!
- He Answers the Faith of the One Offering the Prayer.
- Faith that doesn’t Question but Waits upon God Knowing His Plan is Best.
- Faith that Praises God, Expecting His Best, even when We Cannot See His Plan.
- Faith that says, Thank You Lord, even when we do not get what we had hoped for.
- God Rewards Your Faith with His 7000 Promises!
- EVERY BLESSING IN YOUR LIFE IS A RESULT OF FAITH!
POINT: The Measure of Your Success or Failure as a Christian is Your Faith.