SERMON JAN19: Living Life Intentional (The Way God Designed)
The key to Intentional Living is found in Ephesians 5:10, NIV “and find out what pleases the Lord”. The Message says, “Figure out what will please Christ, and then do it.” It’s a roadmap for life. When put into practice each and every day, living intentionally changes your life.
Psalm 139:13-16 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be”.
KEY: Living Intentional is to Live On Purpose. It requires you let go of the belief that you’re just going through life and what you do DOES NOT MATTER! Living Intentionally is Really about “Finding Your God Given Purpose”.
POINT: YOUR LIFES’ PURPOSE WILL BECOME CLEAR AS YOU INTENTIONALLY LIVE GODS WAY!
5 STEPS for Intentional Living by Faith
I’ve never heard anyone say they accidentally became a more faithful follower of Jesus Christ…I’ve heard many say they wish they could be.
Living by faith simply means that you act, speak, and think based on what you believe to be true — Not on what You Feel to be True. “We walk by faith and not by sight”. (2 Cor. 5:7)
One: Get Clear on what You Believe: Before You can live by what You believe to be true You Must know what You believe in the first place.
- In Christ…We All Believe that Jesus Died for Our Sins…And that we are Saved on to Good Works… The Great Commandment To Love God (Surrender 100% to Gods Plan) To Love Others (Sacrifice for others Above Ourselves)
- Christ then gave us a Great Commission Matthew 28:18-20 “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Two: Lay Aside Every Weight: Although God is at work within us, we still bear responsibility for letting go of what’s holding us back from truly living by faith.
Hebrews 12:1 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us”.
John Piper describes our faith walk as a “wartime lifestyle.” Soldiers can’t afford extra gear in the trenches. Neither can we in this most holy of Kingdom conflicts.
Three: Expand Your Faith Vision: Many think living by faith only applies to those parts of life labeled as “spiritual.” Not True. Gods Wants Our Entire Being. Heart, Soul and Spirit
1 Chronicles 4:10a “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!”
The Prayer of Jabez reveals that Jabez understands what many people do not — there is only one God and He should be the center of our work God wants to bless every life.
- But, we must first make the choice to invite God into our life and ask for His blessings.
- Jabez wants to succeed and increase his sphere of influence for God. The specific sphere of influence is not important.
- What is important is that when we want to reach for goals and accomplishments that God is in the Center of our Goals and Plans.
Four: Open Yourself up to Inspection. Our Sinful Nature makes it easy for us to fool ourselves into thinking we’re living by faith when we’re not.
- Studying Scripture, Prayer, Fellowship with other believers, and seeking wise counsel are what Christians have long called God’s “means of grace” to expose sin and encourage us to more intentional living by faith.
Five: Act on What You Believe: Once you know the Truth…The most difficult part — ACT!
Here is What this mean to YOU. When You Accepted Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior…YOU WERE CALLED!
You Were Called to Love God Above All Things and to Love Your Neighbor the same.
You Were Called to throw off everything that Hinders Your Calling and Run with Perseverance the Race God Marked Out for YOU!
You Were Called to Expand Your Faith Vision…Read Gods Word, Pray, Fellowship, letting God Direct You to Walk in Faith knowing He is Faithful to Accomplish His Plan for You.
You Were Called to ACT…To Step Out and Reach Your World for Jesus Christ.
This Year Our Focus at LifePoint will be “Follow Me”
Mark 8:34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.”
For the disciples, following Jesus meant a radical decision, a change of direction, purpose and choices. Jesus told the disciples early on to seek Him and the Kingdom before and above all else.
Matthew 6:33 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
POINT: I AM GODS PLAN TO REACH THE WORLD FOR CHRIST!
May the Prayer of Jabez in 1 Chronicles 4:10a be Ours: “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!”