Why America Is One Nation Under God June 30- 2019
Today there are many Americans who wish America to be a godless society…We watch as lawyers make successful arguments yet, seldom concerned with any facts or even any sense of real justice.
- However, an argument is not right if it was made on a premise that was all wrong.
The Most Destructive Argument comes from those who say… Our Forefathers we’re Not Christian…Rather they were Deists! They use Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Paine, Hamilton, and Madison as proof. However, in each of these cases, a study of each of these men’s personal writings will debunk the myth.
A brief study of the founder’s own writings prove beyond any reasonable doubt that none of the notable founders fit this description.
Thomas Paine talked about “the error of schools” to teach sciences without reference to the author of them: He said, “for all the principles of science are of Divine origin.”
- He also stated that “the evil that has resulted from the error of the schools in teaching [science without God] has been that of generating in the pupils a species of atheism.”
Benjamin Franklin’s 1749 plan of education for public schools insisted that schools teach “the necessity of a public religion . . . and the Excellency of the Christian religion above all others, ancient or modern.
- ” Franklin proposed a Biblical inscription for the Seal of the United States…AND…He chose a New Testament verse for the motto of the Philadelphia Hospital.
- He was one of the chief proponents of a paid chaplain in Congress; and when Franklin helped found the college which bore his name in 1787, it was dedicated as “a nursery of religion and learning” built “on Christ, the Corner-Stone.”
On May 2, 1778, Washington charged his soldiers at Valley Forge that “To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian.”
- On May 12, 1779, Washington claimed that what children needed to learn “above all” was the “religion of Jesus Christ,” and that this would make them “greater and happier than they already are.
- As he resigned his post as Commander-in-Chief. Washington’s own adopted daughter declared of Washington that you might as well question his patriotism as to question his Christianity.
Hamilton with the Rev. James Bayard formed the Christian Constitutional Society to spread over the world 2 things which Hamilton said made America great Christianity and a Constitution formed under Christianity.
- Hamilton’s death 2 months later thwarted his plan of starting a missionary society to promote Christian government.
Thomas Jefferson declared, “I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus.”
- As President of the U. S., Jefferson signed a treaty with the Kaskaskia tribe wherein he provided—at the government’s expense—Christian Missionaries!
James Madison trained for ministry with the Rev. Dr. John Witherspoon, and Madison’s writings are replete with declarations of his faith in God and in Christ.
In his letter to Attorney General Bradford, Madison laments that public officials are not bold enough about their Christian faith in public and that public officials should be “fervent advocates in the cause of Christ.”
- Madison did allude to a “Wall of Separation,” but contemporary writers frequently omit Madison’s own definition of that “wall”, which according to Madison, was only to prevent Congress from passing a national law to establish a national religion.
It is not hard to demonstrate that America was indeed born One Nation under God or that the God or Creator they were referring to was in fact, Jesus Christ.
These are the men named by most who argue that the founders were at best, deists…This alone should lay to rest any debate over how America became a nation built upon Judeo-Christian principles and values.
Patrick Henry put it this way, “It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded Not by religionists but by Christians, Not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ”.
On April 18, 1775, John Adams said, “We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
- John Adams later explained, “We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” –October 11, 1798
The Point- It is historically “indisputable” that America was born “One Nation-Under God”.
- It does not require faith, but instead common logic to understand Men Without a Moral Compass are Incapable of Long-Term Self-Governance! The founders knew it because they had seen it!!!!!
There is no question what America was, is or should be, to retain its position of strength as the freest nation of self-governed individuals on earth. We will either be free as One Nation under God, or we will be a nation of fools unaware of our common heritage, on the road to ruin under men in search of power.
Those in search of that power must remove God from society in order to gain access to that power…Those who allow them…Do so at their own Peril!
Recognition of the Supreme Being is the first – the most basic – expression of Americanism. The founding fathers of America saw it, and with God’s help, it will continue to be with Us.”
President Ronald Reagan said: “If we ever forget that we are ’One nation, under God’, then we will be one nation gone under.”
- Edmund Burke said, “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”
II Chron. 7: 14 “If” my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land”.
The solution to America being a Christian Nation is Not in the White House, State House, Court House…But in God’s House, and Your House and My House!
We must Pray for America and our government: I Tim. 2:1-2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
You and I make a difference? We are a republic…that means that, for the most part, public policy is shaped by public opinion. And there’s only ONE way to affect public opinion: It is Not billboards, radio or TV…It’s to get the Word of God into the Hearts of People.
Let US Commit Ourselves to: HUMBLE Ourselves: Seek God’s Purpose instead of Ours (Love God) PRAY: for Others including Leaders (Love People) SEEK God: In His Word…Gain Wisdom and Understanding so that You Will Not be fooled by the Foolishness of the Worlds thinking. (Romans 12: 2)
Throughout History God has Always Saved a Remnant! I believe You and I have been Chosen for Such a Time as This!
May God Bless America!