EASTER 2018: “LIVING IN LIGHT OF THE RESURRECTION!
Matthew 28: 1-7 “After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. 2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
Our Faith is Strengthened as we Reflect on the Sacrifice Jesus made for us, for our sins. And…Remember how He took our sins on Himself, on that cross, so that we could have forgiveness and live with Him in glory.
- We Celebrate our Savior’s Resurrection. The stone being rolled away from the tomb.
- We Remember His victory over death, a Victory ONLY the Promised Messiah could accomplish through the power of the Omnipotent God of the Universe.
Today’s Question: What does the Resurrection mean to YOU Personally? How does the Resurrection Impact Your life each day?
- Each of Us needs to Ask ourselves, “What Difference does the Resurrection of Christ make on how I am living…And how I approach my everyday life?”
To live in light of the Resurrection Requires that We Embrace a Simple fact, that death must first occur before there can be Resurrection!
- There would have Been NO Resurrection without Jesus Sacrificial Death…SO, Why do We often try to “Sidestep Necessary Trials and Pain” that God has purposed us to go through? You See, When we do, We Miss the Power of Resurrection…We Miss what God Wants to Accomplish through it in Our lives!
- God wants to Reveal His Resurrection Power in You and Me through every difficulty and Trial We Face…James 1:2 says, COUNT IT ALL JOY!
When we experience a Trial, and then focus on the Trial rather than what God wants to accomplish in our lives, we fail to see, and Experience, how God wants to show His Mighty Power in Our Lives!
The End Result? We Do Not Mature in Christ! James 1:3-4 says, “These Tests and Trials Gods Allows in our Lives Create Spiritual Strength, increases Our Faith and leads to greater Maturity in Christ!”
Just as Christ’s death on the Cross was Not Final, neither is any Loss or Trial We Suffer in this Life! It is only a place to pause…consider Gods Promises…and then Turn in Faith to the One who has Power to take us though. JESUS
- Living in Light of the Resurrection is to Understand that, “Jesus is Rearranging Our Lives… Transforming Our Old Life and Dreams, into a New Life with New Dreams that will Accomplish His Purpose both in our lives and Our World!
POINT: “The miracle-working power which raised Jesus from the grave is the Same Power Working to Transform Us so that We Might Transform this World for Christ!
Eph. 3:20 says, “The Power that is able to do far more than we could ever ask, think, or imagine”.
- The Resurrection Power is at work in you and in me! It is Available to Every Person in Christ!
- With Christ at work in us, Absolutely Nothingis Impossible. However, Each Day…You and I Must Choose to PLUG into That Power!
1 Peter 4: 7-11 says, “The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen”.
5 Applications from this text that suggest Living in Light of Eternity:
- Remember that the end of this life is near…Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer. Be Vigilant, Keep Your Eyes on Jesus and Eternity!
- Love Each Other Deeply…It covers a Multitude of Sins…Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless—Cheerfully.
- Offer Hospitality to Everyone…Without Grumbling…Be generous with the different things God has given you…Pass it around liberally: Stewardship
- Use Your God Given Gifts to Serve Others…Faithful Stewards of Gods Grace
- Speak the Words of God…Sharing Christ will alone be worthwhile in Eternity
- Serve in Gods Strength…Remember…We Can’t…But God Can!
The Text Concludes, “So that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.
When Christ Died for Our Sins He Had One thought in His Mind that Through His Power we would Live in Light of His Resurrection! And with His Power In Our Lives…God Would Be Praised…And People Would be Saved from Their Sins!
This Easter Morning…May We, Commit to Accomplish Gods Plan to Reveal His Glory…Share His Gospel and…Build the Kingdom For Eternity!