Dec 3: The Miracle of the Message: The Miracle of the Moment – Galatians 4
Our theme this year for Advent is Experience the Miracle of Christmas. It is so easy to get all wrapped up (no pun intended) in the activity of the season that we miss the miracle of Christmas. This Christmas season, let’s spend some moments reflecting on the significance of Christ’s birth.
Galatians 4:4 is an incredible verse. It says,” But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law” Did you hear that?
God says, “When the time came to completion, God sent His Son” But the reality is most people missed the miracle of the moment. Most people did not recognize the significance of Christ’s birth at the time.
- People were much too busy to pay any attention to the young girl giving birth to her first child out in a stable there in Bethlehem.
At just the right time in history Jesus was born.
- The coming of Christ into the world was not a matter of chance or coincidence.
- His coming was part of God’s divine plan set before the foundation of the world.
- “Historians tell us that the Roman world was in great expectation, waiting for a deliverer, at the time Jesus was born.
- The old religions were dying. Old philosophies were empty and powerless to change men’s lives.
- Warren Wiersbe, Strange new mystery religions were invading the empire. Religious bankruptcy and spiritual hunger were everywhere. God was preparing the world for the arrival of His Son.”
From an historical perspective, the Roman Empire had helped prepare the world for the birth of Jesus.
- The Romans had constructed roads that connected city to city, making travel easier.
- All roads ultimately led to Rome. The world was at peace under Roman rule.
- Roman laws protected the citizens and Roman soldiers guarded the peace.
- Thanks to both the Greek and Roman conquests, Latin and Greek were known across the empire making communication possible with many from all over the world.
- The Old Testament prophecies concerning the coming of the Messiah were completed…At just the right time God sent His Son!
This year…Many people will be content to go through the motions. They will endure the busy activity of the season without ever experiencing the miracle of Christmas. But this holiday season some “need nothing short of a miracle”. The good news is that God comes to us at just the right time with just what we need for the moment.
Listen to these promises from God’s Word to see His character reflected in these actions.
- Psalm 145:15: “All eyes look to You, and You give them their food at the proper time.”
- Psalm 104:27 says, “All of them wait for You to give them their food at the right time.”
- Deuteronomy 11:14: “I will provide rain for your land in the proper time, the autumn and spring rains, and you will harvest your grain, new wine, and oil.”
- God knows exactly what you are going through. He knows exactly what you need. At just the right time He will come to you and provide what you need for the moment.
- His timing is always perfect!
God not only came at just the right time, He “continues” to come to us at just the “right time”
- His Promise to You and Me is this…Just when We Need Him Most, He is There!
- Romans 5:6 says, “You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.”
- Do You Know When You Need a Miracle? When You have no more options and no more resources, you are in a position to receive a miracle from God.
- He has promised to come at just the right time and provide just what you need for the moment. When We are Utterly Helpless, Christ still Comes to Us Today.
It seems we are always waiting for just the right time to do something. Waiting for just the right time to make that commitment of our life to Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Maybe You are Waiting for just the right time to commit to a closer walk with Christ.
- Maybe You are Waiting for just the right time to commit to church membership.
- Maybe you’ve been waiting for just the right time to give up that bad habit.
- 2 Cor. 6:2 says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation”.
Now is Always the “right time” to make that Special Commitment to Christ.
- Jesus said in Mark 1:15, “The time has come,”. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”
- Whatever God is Urging You to Do…Now is the right time to make that commitment to Christ and receive God’s gift of salvation. Now is the time to join the church.
- Now is the time to recommit to your marriage and family.
- Now is the time to renew your commitment to walk in close fellowship with Christ. The right time is now to draw close to the Lord!
POINT: A Decision Made at a Moment in time can Determine Your Eternal Destiny.
This morning is the Perfect Time for Each of Us to consider what Christ May be asking Us to Give Up…Or Do…Or Commit to…Right now May be just right moment for You to take that Next Step Closer to Christ.
As we Prepare for Communion I want Each of Us to do Business with God. To Surrender to whatever God is Asking Us to give up or do or commit to.
Today I encourage You to start a closer walk with Christ and Experience the Special Gift God has prepared just for you! If you have never made a commitment of your life to Jesus Christ receiving Him as your Lord and Savior, then I want to invite you to make that commitment today.
- Whatever Commitment God is Urging You to make…This moment can change your earthly direction as well as your eternal destiny.
Taking a Step toward Christ is to Experience the miracle of Christmas in Your Life. Don’t put it off that commitment…Because now is the Perfect time.